With the Canon PRINT Business App, and Konica Minolta's Mobile Print and bizhub Remote Access, users can easily print, scan, and send documents while minimizing unnecessary touch points and potentially risking infection when using their print devices.
With so many COVID-19 protocols in place, businesses are looking for ways to work more efficiently and safely. Users are searching for ways to continue leveraging their office multifunction printers while, at the same time, minimizing touch points on devices shared by multiple people.
For Canon and Konica Minolta users concerned about touching a shared control panel when printing, there's an app for that.
For Canon Technology:
With the Canon PRINT Business App, users can easily print, scan, and send documents while minimizing unnecessary touchpoints and potentially risking infection when using imageRUNNER Advance devices. The app is available on Google Play and the Apple App Store as a free download.
Here's how it works:
A. Printing with Canon PRINT Business App:
- Select "Documents" in the application and choose the file location.
- Choose the file you want to print.
- Preview the file and tap the printer icon.
- Confirm your printer and select print/finishing settings.
- Tap "Print."
B. Scanning with Canon PRINT Business App:
- Add document to the imageRUNNER Advance document feeder.
- Tap "Scan to Mobile" on the imageRUNNER Advance control panel.
- Select your scan settings in the Canon PRINT Business app.
- Save the scanned document to a local or cloud destination. Or, send it from your mobile device's email app.
C. Sending From the MFP with Canon PRINT Business App:
The "Provide Address" feature of the Canon PRINT Business app allows you to use your mobile device to fill in send destinations (including using your mobile device contacts), subject name, message body, and file name fields on the imageRUNNER "scan and send" screen.
This helps reduce touch-points at the control panel when sending documents to destinations from the imageRUNNER Advance MFP.
For Konica Minolta Technology:
A. Printing With Konica Minolta's Mobile Print App:
Konica Minolta Mobile Print (via Google Play or Apple App Store) is a mobile app that connects a mobile device and Konica Minolta MFP seamlessly, so that printing and scanning can be proceeded in a simple way.
- Print documents or images that have been saved in the cloud, directly to your Konica Minolta MFP.
- The OS integration function (Action button function) enables you to print directly from online storage, the browser and camera app on your mobile device.
- Prints images you have selected in the Photo Album function of the app via a connected MFP.
B. Operating Konica Minolta MFPs from smartphones and tablet devices with BizHub Remote Access.
Bizhub Remote Access app (via Google Play or Apple App Store) lets you operate the latest bizhub MFPs* from smartphones and tablet devices. You can operate the keys on the bizhub LCD control panel as well as the hardware keys in the same way wirelessly.
- Panel Link: Enables remote operation by displaying the MFP panel screen on the mobile device touch screen.
- Panel Link Scan: Enables sending data scanned from the MFP to a connected iPhone/iPad/iPod touch and opening it in a different application using the Open-in function. PDF and Compact PDF can be selected as the scan file format. If the Compact PDF file format is selected, you can enable the OCR function.
- Keyboard Link: Enables data input on the MFP panel screen from the iPhone/iPad/iPod touch or Android device.
- Address Link: It is possible to select the destination address from the iPhone/iPad/iPod or Android touch's address book to send images and documents scanned from the MFP.
At Datamax, maximizing the technology that matters — include multifunction printers is in our DNA. We also provide the kind of innovative thinking that maximizes business processes and empowers customers with the freedom to focus on their forte — managing their business, not their technology. Click below to start your journey with a Datamax Print/Workflow Assessment!