"You Ask. We Answer." Blog

Responsive and relevant insights into the questions our partners have.


Why is Cyber Security Training for Employees so Imperative?

97% of malware targets users through Social Engineering. This means that employee education is a vital component to a sound cyber security strategy.

Many companies today throw thousands (millions!) into IT security technology, and those can often be sound investments. But one of the simplest, most-overlooked components to a cyber security strategy is spending a few minutes with your team educating them about what to look for, how to investigate an external email, how to protect themselves … and their organization.

Topics: Network Management Network Security Cybersecurity You Ask, We Answer Social Engineering

I Received a Pop-up Alert Saying My Computer's Infected and to Call a Number: What Should I do?

Don't call the number! We'll break down this specific socially engineered threat, and offer 3 things your organization you can do to shore up security. 

In your effort to protect computer systems and sensitive data, socially engineered attacks need to be on your entire organization’s radar.

Social engineering is the art of manipulating, influencing, or deceiving you in order to gain control over your computer system. According to KnowBe4, only about 3% of malware tries to exploit an exclusively technical flaw. The other 97% instead targets users through Social Engineering. 

Topics: Network Security You Ask, We Answer Social Engineering