PDF Editing solutions like Kofax Power PDF make life easier for law firms. Paralegals can apply Bates Stamping to a single document or a complete set of documents by creating custom profiles for stamping information into headers and footers.
Bates Stamping is an essential process for multiple industries, including law firms, looking to meet legal requirements and to make access easier for anyone working with the documents.
Few industries handle paperwork more than legal does. Chief tasks among this multitude of documents is Bates Stamping (or numbering). A procedure in which each page in a set of documents is assigned a series of numbers (Bates number appears as a footer or a header on the pages and can combine a prefix and/or suffix), a once cumbersome task has been made easier by integrating software into the workflow process.
PDF Editing solutions like Kofax Power PDF make life easier for law firms. Paralegals can apply Bates stamping to a single document or a complete set of documents by creating custom profiles for stamping information into headers and footers. Access the Add Bates Numbers dialog box, and browse files to select all files, in order, to which you'd like to include in the stamping session. Input the necessary information, including number, case identifier, and the date, press "Create."
But there's more beyond just Bates Stamping.
PDF software solutions, like Power PDF, can help paralegals or attorneys tighten up their workflows and essentially work smarter and faster.
5 Great Ways Law Firms Can Utilize PDF Editing Software:
- File conversion: Transform client documents into your format of choice, be they Powerpoint, Word, etc., PDF, and back again, ready for editing.
- Intelligent search: Perform intelligent “Looks Like” search to quickly find content, like phone numbers, email addresses and Social Security numbers, via an alphanumeric pattern
- Fillable form creation: Easily scan paper forms and convert into interactive PDF forms with fields, check boxes, signature fields and more.
- Redact and collect: Redact documents and create table of contents for collections of PDF documents.
- Real-time collaboration: Allow multiple users to, in real-time, view & edit a PDF document, then save the edited copy locally
As a law firm, Datamax knows that real, practical solutions that lead to further automation can save you time rifling through case files, cut costs, and get you more time with your clients. Interested in learning more? Click below to download your free copy of our eBook: "15 Missing Technology Pieces to Automate Your Law Office." We think you'll find it a more-than-worthwhile read!