When your managed services provider considers your print environment, they're looking at the total cost of all printing in your organization.
Although there are some differences in definitions of "managed print services," the result is the same: money saved, workflows simplified, and budgets clarified. Managed print services help you weed out inefficiencies and make the most of the resources you use. With managed print, you can even move one step closer to reducing your environmental impact.
How can managed print services achieve all of this?
Reducing the Total Cost of Printing
Do you know how much your organization spends each year on printing? If not, you're in the majority. One of the reasons that printing costs are so often unchecked and out of control in companies is that they are simply hard to track. And yet for the average American company fully 15% of annual spending is on printing.
When your managed services provider considers your print environment, they're looking at the total cost of all printing in your organization. This includes many areas that may be overlooked in even the most careful budget, such as:
- All pages produced by employees, whether in the office or mobile
- All printers, including desktop, multifunction, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and high-volume printers
- All outsourced materials sent out for quick print, mailing, distribution, and large format prints
- IT support needed to maintain, repair, add, move, and change devices
- Toner, paper, ink, and other print consumables
As you can see from this list, the total cost of your print environment adds up quickly.
More Than Print Management: A Partnership
When you choose to contract with a managed services provider, you're signing up for a long-term partnership with big results. Within the first year, most companies report savings up to 30%.
Here's what you can expect from your managed services provider:
- A thorough assessment of your current practices and processes
- Monitoring, management, and optimization of your total print environment, end-to-end, for all printers and all brands
- A roadmap for future improvements and optimizations
Managed print services have helped countless companies rise above the frustration of outsized printing budgets.
Contact Datamax today to learn more.